To define BookTrader configuration settings
- Click the Configure wrench icon on any window.
- Click BookTrader and then Settings in the left pane.
- Use the right pane to set the following:
- Display menu - Check to see the BookTrader menu.
- Display toolbar - Check to see the BookTrader toolbar.
- Display user-configurable buttons - opens the panel on the BookTrader window.
- Display Deep Book Buttons - check to show the Deep Book buttons panel in BookTrader. Depress a button on the panel to include that data in the price ladder.
- Show Deep Book buttons without permissions - check to display buttons for any subscribable deep book data to which you don’t currently subscribe.
- Show single
status column - check to display one Status column on the Bid
side, and one Status column on the Ask side. When this status is selected,
use the Order control section
TWShow to handle multiple orders on the same side.
- Show separate status column for each order - check to have a new Status column created for each order. When this status is selected, the Order control section is unnecessary and becomes inactive.
- Do not show
status column - check to hide the status from BookTrader. When
this status is selected,use the Order control section to tell
TWShow to handle multiple orders on the same side.
- Move existing order - select if you want an existing order to be moved when an empty price level on the same side is clicked. This selection does not allow multiple orders on the same side.
- Create new order
- select if you want to allow multiple orders on the same side at
different price levels.
- Cancel order - select if you want to cancel an existing order at a specific price level when that same price level is clicked. This selection does not allow multiple orders on the same side at the same price level.
- Create new order - select if you want to allow multiple orders on the same side at the same price level.
- Center around last price - If selected, when you click the Re-center button the BookTrader ladder puts the central focus back around the last traded price.
- Center around midpoint of bid/ask - If selected, when you click the Re-center button the BookTrader ladder puts the central focus back around the midpoint of the bid/ask price.
- Number of rows to display - Enter a value that defines the number of rows, or prices, you will see.
- Jump to order - If checked, your cursor will jump to the order in the Orders panel after you transmit.
- Allow multiple untransmitted orders - If checked, you can create more than one order in the Underlying panel. Otherwise, only one untransmitted order is allowed.
- Show Cumulative Size in Bid/Ask - If checked, the cumulative size is shown at the top of the Bid column and Ask column.
- Display Size column in Price Ladder - check to display a Size column on the Bid side and Ask side. Note that this checkbox is only active if Cancel order when Bid Size /Ask Size column is clicked at a price level that already has an existing order is selected in the Order control section.
- Display P&L column - Click to display the P&L column on both the bid and ask sides of the BookTrader ladder. The P&L column.
- Show High/Low - When checked, identifies the high and low prices by displaying different colored backgrounds.
- The High price is highlighted by a Bright Blue background.
- The Low price is highlight by a Red background.
- Show bold prices every 5 lines - Use this feature to help make prices easier to follow by having every 5th row bolded.
- Show price histogram - Checked by default. If checked, a colored field displays the volume of trading each day at each price level on the BookTrader price ladder. The bar colors coincide with colors in the Price field, for example the last trade is teal blue, the current best ask is green, etc. See the topic on for details.
- Use context cursors in armed mode - Check to include a text description below your cursor. For example, if you hold your cursor in the yellow Bid Size column, the text Buy appears to let you know that clicking at a price level in this field will initiate a buy order.
- Retain filled order columns - Valid only in Advanced Mode. When checked, the new Order column will remain visible after the order has filled.
- Show tooltips for order columns - Valid only in Advanced Mode. When checked, displays an order-relevant tooltip when you hold your mouse cursor over a field in the Order column.
- Display P&L in Order Columns - Valid only in Advanced Mode. When checked, the P&L will display in the new Order column when an order executes
- Order type select Buttons - Valid only if Show separate status column for each order is select in the Status section. Displays a toolbar with order type buttons. Click a button to put the mouse cursor into that specific .
- Remember armed
state between sessions - check to keep BookTrader armed
so that it is in armed mode the next time you log in to
- Display auto-scroll countdown after scrolling - When the inside market (or last trade price) moves outside the display area, the ladder will automatically re-center on the inside market (or last trade price). When the user is scrolling the ladder using either the Up/Down arrow keys or the scrollbars, and the inside market (or last trade price) falls outside of the display area, auto-recentering will occur five seconds after the user has completed scrolling. Check this feature to see an animated progress countdown bar.
Opens the Hotkeys and Mouse Shortcuts dialog box. You can modify the configuration of existing shortcuts by selecting an action and clicking Configure. For more information see the topic.
Createto add to the toolbar, or edit existing buttons.
Hide or display fields in the Orders area using thepage of the Page Layout.
Hide or display fields in thepanel.
Allows you to change text/ background colors for many of the BookTrader fields. To change a color, click the Text or Background button in the appropriate row and select a new color from the palette.
BookTrader Sound Manager
Opens thefor the BookTrader where you apply sound settings for placing a limit order (click bid or ask price), cancelling an order, and placing a stop order (right-click bid or ask price). You can also elect to disable an event sound by unchecking the checkbox in the appropriate row.